2018-2019 Schedule Standings & Newsletters
2018-2019 Birthday Celebration Nights
Join us as we begin the 2018-2019 bowling season! The official season begins on Monday September 10 at Boston Bowl. Practice will begin at 7:00pm but new members are encouraged to arrive early for registration.
Here are some memorable moments to kick off our 44th Season.
MISSION STATEMENT, RULES
MNBL Mission Statement
To provide a safe, structured environment where the GLBTQ community and their friends, regardless of skill level, can enjoy the sport of candlepin bowling.
MNBL Rules for 2018-2019
The Executive Committee for the 2018-2019 season of the Monday Night Bowling League has voted to maintain and follow the Mission Statement, Definition of Unsportsmanlike Conduct, and League Rules as set forth by preceding committees
1. Physical abuse of another person and/or their property/equipment, including theft.
2. Verbal abuse, harassment, or intolerance of other people.
3. Refusal to abide by the generally accepted rules of the sport, including cheating on scoring.
4. Misappropriation/theft of League funds or dues.
5. Excessive consumption of alcoholic beverages or drugs on the premises, or unsportsmanlike behavior while under the influence of either.
6. Profanity, insofar as other bowlers are offended.
Depending on the seriousness of the conduct, a bowler may ask the team captain to bring a formal complaint (either written or verbal) before the Executive Committee for possible disciplinary action. However, there may be some circumstances where the individual bowler may bring a formal complaint about another bowler directly to the Committee. Once the Committee receives a formal complaint, it will meet to investigate the situation, and consider possible disciplinary action.
1. Verbal warning
2. Written warning with a one-week suspension
Depending on the severity of the situation, the Executive Committee can override any of the above guidelines.
1. The League consists of 14 teams. Each team will have up to five or six bowlers. Returning teams of four or more bowlers have priority in establishing teams for the new season, providing the four people are present on opening night. Any displaced bowlers have priority in being assigned to other teams.
2. There will be 30 weeks of bowling consisting of two 15-week halves. If for any reason bowling is canceled, that week will be made up at the end of the half or season.
3. All 30 weeks will count toward each team’s total record and will be used to seed the six teams that make the roll-offs.
4. The top three teams of the first half and the top three teams of the second half (excluding any team placed in the first half) will compete in the roll-offs.
5. Roll-offs will begin the Monday following the last Monday night of regular season play. There areno substitutions allowed during the rolloffs. If a bowler is absent the team will assesed a five pin penalty for the absent bowler (deducted from the bowler’s average).
6. All permanent bowlers will pay a non-refundable Registration Fee of $20 on opening night to secure their spot on a team. Substitute bowlers will be not be charged a registration fee, unless or until he/she joins the league and is assigned to a team.
7. League Dues
must be contacted so medical leave can be arranged.
C. All dues owed from previous seasons must be paid in full before a bowler will be allowed to rejoin the League.
B. After the first six strings of bowling, new averages and handicaps will be used for all bowlers. Handicaps will be based on 80% of the difference of the bowler’s average and 120.[Handicap = .80 x (120 – Average)]
New bowlers who join the League in the middle of the year will need six strings of bowling to establish an average.
When a team member is absent, a substitute (if available) will be assigned to the team. When a substitute with an established average bowls in place of an absent bowler, the substitute’s average is used, and the team handicap is recalculated. Substitutes will first be assigned to those teams who are missing the most bowlers. Then, substitutes will be assigned in lane order starting with lane 1. If a team member is absent and a substitute bowler is not available, the team will use the bowler’s average minus 5 for the scores. If a team member is absent for three consecutive weeks, and no substitute is available, the League average is used for the person and the handicap is adjusted accordingly. The discretion of the Vice President or Statistician will be used in placing of the substitute bowlers. If a team refuses a substitute, the team will forfeit 10 points per game (which will be added to the handicap).
10. Team Captains
It is strongly encouraged that the Team Captains who accept the position for their team assume the full responsibilities of the position. Team Captains are responsible for the following:
B. Completing all score sheets thoroughly, signing the score sheet, and handing it to the Statistician.
C. Bringing any violations of the rules of bowling to the attention of the Executive Committee at the time of the incident. Do not continue to bowl until the dispute has been resolved.
D. Attending any special meetings the Executive Committee calls.
E. Contacting team members if bowling is canceled.
F. Communicating with team members.
G. Keeping an accurate roster of team members, addresses, and telephone numbers, and giving any changes to the Secretary.
H. Serving as a contact for your designated Committee member.
I. Attempting to resolve minor disputes between bowlers.
J. Reporting more serious un-sportsmanlike behavior to the Executive Committee for possible disciplinary action.
11. Members who have bowled less than 15 weeks must pay the full price of the year-end banquet. Those who have bowled more than 15 weeks must pay half-price.
12. Members must have bowled 15 weeks to be eligible for individual awards, six weeks to be eligible for team awards, and must have their dues paid in full at the end of the season to receive awards.
13. The Executive Committee will resolve any other circumstances that may arise during the season, which are not covered by the existing rules.